On 6 April 2009, the 5 star Baltschug Kempinski Moscow Hotel hosted III International Conference “Polymer Pipes 2009” initiated by the Russian independent company Creon and backed by Himki-based Europlastic (Moscow Region). The reports of particular interest were made by chief experts with Creon CJSC and the Polyplastic Group, which is the largest polymer pipe...
In Russia, polyethylene is produced by 8 companies. They are Kazanorgsintez JSC, Stavrolen Ltd, Nizhnekamskneftekhim Inc., Tomskneftekhim Ltd, Ufaorgsintez JSC, Angarsk Polymer Plant JSC, Salavatnefteorgsintez JSC, and NefteHimSevilen JSC. Their total production capacities make up 1,699,300 tpy. Today, the Russian market’s capacity exceeds 1.5m tonnes of polyethylene....
The global financial crisis didn’t spare the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) market. Almost all market players have appeared in trouble. As a matter of urgency, they have to search for optimal solutions in order to stay afloat in the challenging microeconomic environment.
The reality and outlook for the world and Russian PET markets were addressed at V International...
- Rubbers and tyres
Styrene-butadiene rubbers (SBR) are obtained through the copolymerisation of butadiene with styrene (or α-methylstyrene). Of all synthetic rubbers, they have the highest manufacturing volume. SBRs are used mainly in tyre production. Apart from this, they are converted into conveyor belts, hoses, various moulded and extruded rubber goods, footwear and other consumer goods....
- Russia Flexible on Grain and Fertiliser Trade with Brazil
- EuroChem Capital Project in Kazakhstan Receives Governmental Approval
- India Mulling Over Fertiliser JVs with Russia
- Uralkali: Potash Fertiliser Market Will Recover Soon
- Ammonium Nitrate Production in Ukraine down by 28.8% in May
- Bottom Urea and Ammonium Nitrate Prices Down in Ukrainian Domestic Market
- Russian University Develops Pesticide Detection Technique
- Chemistry and energy
- Russian Ownership Issue Looms over US Lithium-ion Battery Funds
- Russia’s Gazprom JSC Focused on Synthetic Liquid Fuels
- Obolon Oil Patents New Fuel Type from Polymeric Wastes
- Landkom Enters into Biodiesel Agreement with Sunfuel in Ukraine
- Countries and regions
- Recession in Azerbaijan Chemical Sector Slows Down
- January-May Fertiliser Production in Russia down by 23.7%
- Ukraine Cuts Down Chemical Production
- Speciality chemicals
- BASF to Supply Largest Amount of Sorbead in Silica Gel Gas Treating Plant
- Russia Using Washing Tablets Instead of Powders
- Russian Mirrico and Uzbek Uzkimyosanoat Sign MOU
- Armenian-Italian JV Litocol AM CO to Produce 15,000 Tonnes of Glue in 2009
- Russian Mondi Syktyvkar: Molecular Chlorine Free Production Cycle
- Special topic
The issues of chemical logistics, including supply chain improvement, and mutual problems in this sphere were addressed by the participants of the 3rd annual conference “Logistics of the Russian Chemical Market” (ChemoLogic 2009) held in Moscow on 12 March 2009.
Today, Russian chemical logistics is facing a number of challenges, in...
On 19 March 2009, Moscow hosted the 6th International Chemical Summit focused on state chemistry and petrochemistry policy. During the event, the participants tried to find out how to overcome the consequences of the global financial crisis. Among them were top policymakers from the Government and the State Duma of the Russian Federation, the chief executives of the largest...