Armenia has enormous industrial potential; yet its current geopolitical environment leaves much to be desired, in fact the country has found itself aside the main world trade flows. On the other hand, for the last decade the national economy as a whole has been relatively stable. After the USSR collapse the industry of Armenia faced a number of challenges: production output...
- Companies and markets
In December we continue to analyse detergents production in the CIS, this time focusing on Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan’s markets (the Russian detergents market was described in the previous issue). The capacity of Ukrainian detergents market is estimated at around 350,000 tonnes, half of which is imports. There are approximately 40 producers of detergents in Ukraine,...
In the first part, the author describes technical specifications of PET packaging straps and indicates their main advantages. PET packaging straps are not inferior to steel ones exceeding them in dynamic load stability. They perform better when the packed commodity warp out of shape and do not damage its surface. PET straps are also economical, weather-resistant, easy to transport...
The main way to improve competitive ability of the Russian chemical and petrochemical industries is to create controlled marketing networks, cut energy and resource consumption, introduce efficient pricing policy and up-to-date technologies. Chemical companies with a narrow range of products prevail in the Russian chemical complex. The most efficient firms are those which...
On 17 December, the conference entitled Sulphur and Sulfuric Acid 2007 took place in Moscow. It was attended by around 160 people – representatives of Ballestra-Moscow, British Sulphur Consultants, MECS Europe/Africa BVBA, Ammophos, Atomredmedzoloto JSC, BASF, Bijsk Oleum Plant, Voskresensk Mineral Fertilizers JSC, Gazprom Export, Gazpromtrans, Glynwed Russia, Eurochem,...
On 28 November, the IV International Conference PVC 2007 took place in Baltschug Kempinsky Moscow hotel, organised by Creon CJSC and supported by RusVinil Ltd, Chimneftetrade Ltd, and Harriman Chemsult Ltd. The conference gathered more than 250 national and foreign PVC manufacturers, key producers, regulating authorities, traders, equipment suppliers, and recognised experts....
On 13-16 November, Atakent Expo Centre in Almaty, Kazakhstan, hosted the III International Exhibition of plastics, polymers, and processing equipment entitled Central Asia Plast 2007. Around 100 companies from 15 different countries participated in the event showing the latest innovation in technology.
- Nizhnekamskneftekhim Inc. Launches New Polybutadiene Rubber Grade
- Balakovskyie Mineralnyie Udobrenia: November Results
- Metafrax Reveals Financial Results for Q1-Q3 and Plans to Build New Urotropine Facility
- Uralkhimplast Transferres Interest from UKP-AMDOR to UCP Chemicals AG
- Sibur to Open Representative Office in Beijing
- Mezhregiongaz Acquires Controlling...
- Start-up of New Processing Plants in Crimea Titan CJSC
- Production Review and New Projects of Severodonetsk Azot Association
- Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers Extends Privileges to Chemical Enterprises
- Lukoil-Neftekhim Installs Advanced Ethylene Facility at Karpatnaftokhim Site
- State Property Fund of Ukraine Fails to Sell Polimineral Company
- First Line Launched at Zhanazhol Gas Processing Plant
- Polystyrene Block Production Plant Opened in Karaganda
- Zhambyl Chemical Plants to Ship Goods in Sea Containers
- New Unit of Khimpharm Operating at Full Capacity
- Sulphur Storage and Liquidation Centre to Emerge in Kazakhstan
- Belshina JSC to Introduce International Ecological Standard ISO 14000
- Belarus, Irish Company Sign Agreement on Bioethanol Production
- Prices for Belorussian Potash Fertilisers to Rise in Southeast Asia
- BPC to Sign Contracts on Fertiliser Supplies at New Prices
- Mozyr Oil Refinery Announces Tender to Erect Paraxylene Production Facility
- Belbiopharm Concern Expands...
- The Azeri State Property Committee Puts Up 94.5% of Bakiyod Iodine Plant for Sale
- Egypt to Set Up Pharmaceutical Factory in Azerbaijan
- Belgium Offers to Build Silicon Production Plant in Turkmenistan
- State Concern Turkmenkhimiya Announces Tender to Build Potassium Fertilisers Plant
- Turkmenbashi Oil Refineries to Export New Product
- Petronas to Expand Petrochemicals Presence in Uzbekistan
- Sredaztsvetmetenergo to Design Waste-Heat Boiler for Balkhash Copper Plant
- Jizzax Plastics Plant to Extend Product Range
- Uzbekistan Pharmaceutical Industry Sees Good Prospects for Growth
- Ukrainian Plastnak CJSC Launches Plastic Goods Plant in Georgia
- Central Bank of Armenia Expects Growth in Armenian Chemical Industry
- Kimpeks-Plus Ltd to Build Activated Carbon Plant in Gagauzia
- Poland May Invest in Production of Chemicals for Building Industry in Kyrgyzstan
- South Korean Company to Produce Single-use Plastic Syringes in Kyrgyzstan
- Tajik Scientists Develop Method to Obtain Alumina from Argillite